Thursday 29 April 2010

the glass of water




For this glass the first thing I did was try select it with the magnetic tool which was a big mistake since the background is blending in with the glass itself, they share the same colour, (Select the roundness of the top part of the glass was fine, when I started getting closer to the bottom of the page, more precisely the right side of the image where it's darker, I started loosing control of the tool...)


★ So I learnt a new thing, the magnetic tool is very useful to select round objects but on a light background- or it is useful when the object to be selected doesn't have the same colour as the background

Instead of using the magnetic tool I opted for another solution, the circle marquee tool, I used its round shape to select the glass (The same size as the glass), then I copied and pasted on the other file, then reduced the opacity to give it a feeling of transparency ( So that it would look like it is really on a wooden table).

No comments:

Post a Comment